What is required of residents?
Residents are required to participate in classes that aim to provide information and resources necessary to establishing a successful, happy life outside of Brooks House. The following are mandatory classes Brooks House currently holds for residents:
Everyone has their own financial challenges they must face, but with the proper education and resources, Brooks House believes that these challenges become much easier to overcome. This is why we believe that every resident must attend a Basic Finance class, to
- understand the importance of handling their responsibilities
- learn how to save when funds are limited
- understand what credit scores mean
Classes are offered by a local volunteer who meets with the residents on a weekly basis and provides coaching and assistance on basic finance management, debt reduction, budgeting, and credit scores.
In order for spiritual growth to occur, we must be taught, rebuked, corrected, and trained by God’s Word. Then we will be thoroughly equipped for every good work. This is the essence of spiritual growth and the everyday growth in the lives of our families.
- Daily Devotion Books are given to each woman and it is required to read each morning to start their day off.
- Every Wednesday night at 6:30 pm, a weekly Bible study is held for all residents, past and present.
Residents are encouraged to attend the church services of their choice, however transportation is available to local worship services of varying denominations.
Residents are also required to submit to drug and alcohol testing, gain steady employment, and contribute to the upkeep of the house, such as laundry, cooking, and designated house chores.